Followers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Licked!

This afternoon Anaya and I took advantage of the boys' naptime to make cashew "cheese" sauce to go on top of the stuffed shells I made this morning, and muffins. Anaya loves baking muffins. The boys woke up to assist in the final stages of the muffins, but I noticed Skyler wasn't feeling well. Sure enough, he had a fever and began complaining of owies in his mouth. I comforted him as best I could and hastened the process of getting the muffins in the oven.

"Mommy, can we lick the bowl?" Anaya pleaded as I scraped the last of the muffin mix into a pan.

"No, not today," I replied. "It's not even close to suppertime."

"Oh, please, Mommy--" began the old refrain, broken by a suspicious sound from Skyler.

"Skyler, are you about to throw up?" I gasped, grabbing the aforementioned empty bowl and holding it under his chin just in time to catch the contents of his little stomach.

"Well," Anaya observed, surveying the new contents of the bowl, "I guess we can't lick it now."

No comments: