Followers

Sunday, October 14, 2012

In everything give thanks?

Last night was the final meeting in a three-day series of meetings with Doug Batchelor, and after three late nights, the kids were uber-hyper by bedtime. I couldn't stop the boys from giggling, and exasperated, I finally had to spank them to get them to quiet down. Finally I instructed them all to stay in their beds at all costs, and closed the bedroom door to muffle the howling.

Since we have a guest this week (So glad Randy Siebold could squeeze in a stop at our house!), Anaya was sleeping in the boys' room. Within a few minutes of putting them to bed, she crept out of the room to me.

"Mommy?"

"This better be good. What are you doing out of bed?"

"Mommy, I just wanted to encourage you. Remember, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'"

A few minutes later she was back. "Mommy, I just wanted to let you know something. I heard Skyler making noise in his bed, and I thought he was talking. But then I listened and he was singing, "Rejoice in the Lord always."

Well, at least something is sticking.

No comments: