Followers

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Little angels

Tonight I overheard the boys practicing saying Romans 6:23 together from memory. It was unbearably sweet and heartwarming. Then at bedtime, I told the kids it was time to put their Bibles away. I turned out the light, but Skyler immediately disappeared into the bathroom. Seth remained in his bed squinting at his Bible.

"Buddy, you can read tomorrow," I assured him. "It's time to sleep."

"But Mommy, I want to read The Lord's Prayer."

"I will say it to you. You need to sleep now."

"I can say it myself. I already know it," he smiled. "I just like reading it in the Bible."

By this time, Skyler seemed to have grown roots in the bathroom. I was about to knock on the door when he came out of the bathroom, clutching his own little Bible carefully as he turned off the light.

I love my little boys.

No comments: