Followers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Object lessons from a 6-year-old

Today we drove by a tree that had lost a branch during the windstorm last night. It was evident at a glance that the wind was not the real problem, though. The heart of the branch had rotted out, and even though it was covered with leaves and buds, it had not been able to withstand the wind.

I pointed it out to the kids. "Anaya," I asked, "what does that teach you?"

"That's just like how Satan gets into our hearts!" she exclaimed. "He starts out small--I'm sure that started out tiny! But then he makes us do bigger and bigger bad things."

~~~~~

Yesterday Anaya announced at lunch, "Mommy, I don't think you should kill the ants anymore."

"Why not?"

"Because I can watch them, and then I will learn how to work hard!"

1 comment:

Stella said...

I like the lesson. It´s nice to look out in nature and see what God is trying to tell us.