Followers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Nonsense

As I was tucking Anaya into bed last week, she informed me, "I don't want to grow up."

"As long as you keep eating, you will," I assured her.

"Well, if I keep eating, but I don't grow up, I will be happy," she countered.

"I didn't want to grow up either, when I was a little girl. But growing up is fun. When you grow up, you can drive a car, build fires, and do lots of nice things. I couldn't have married Daddy, if I hadn't grown up."

"Well," she declared confidently, "I'm going to marry Daddy!"

"We'll see what happens," I deferred. "Maybe God has somebody else for you to marry. Maybe there's a little boy somewhere growing up too, and we can pray for him..."

"Non-sense!" she spouted. "Anyway, I don't want to get married. I don't want to have children."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"When you grow up, you can drive a car, build fires, and do lots of nice things." LOL.

Man, just think of all the fires I could be starting! And here I am, surfing the web! Borrrrrring. (Except for your blog, which is never boring.)