Followers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The balm for bleeding hearts

This morning Anaya had an accident while riding her little bicycle, plunging into a plant pot and cutting her lip. She wailed for Daddy to stay home instead of going to work, but after comforting her for a while, Daddy headed for the door. "But I want Daddy!" started again as soon as the door closed behind him.

"Daddy has to work," I explained. "You're fine and not even bleeding anymore now."

"Mommy," Anaya gulped, "go get Grandma."

"Anaya, remember how long it took us to drive to Grandma's house? Let's call her instead."

"No, you go get her and come back. I can stay here and watch Sethie. Please, go get Grandma. I need her!"

1 comment:

gracefulfig said...

Reminds me of when my Mum wanted a break from us 5 kids, she'd say, "Go tell your Grandmother she wants you." It always stumped us.