Followers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Liar, liar, pants...

After Seth's potty training success on Friday (he FINALLY pooped in the potty!), I was hoping for no further accidents. Sigh. This morning I got a whiff as he passed by. "Seth, did you make guckies in your Pull-Up?"

"No," he responded cheerfully.

"Are you sure? Skyler, is it you?"

It was not Skyler. "Sethie, you need to tell me the truth. You won't get a spank for poopy, but you will for telling lies. Did you make poopy in your Pull-Up?"

"No..." The assertion was a little softer now.

"Let me see." I started unzipping his little sleeper. "Tell Mommy the truth. Did you make guckies in your Pull-Up?"

The answer was faint this time. "Sowy."

As I hauled him off to the bedroom to change him, he had a change of mind instead. "Mommy," he explained solemnly, "Skyer did it."

1 comment:

Mozi Esme said...

Worth a shot, huh? When you are about to get in trouble, always pass the buck . . . :)